Source: Knicks open to dealing J.R., Shump
Visit ESPN’s Knicks Blog for the full post
Not too much of a surprise considering there is a log jam of guards on the team between Shump, THJ, Smith, Larkin, possibly Toure Murray, Ellington, Calderon, and Prigioni.
THJ has been deemed “untouchable” by Phil and we are not moving our only two legit PG’s in Calderon and Prigioni.
Have to consider who actually has value on the market and that really leaves you with Shump, JR and Larkin.
My guess is that Phil’s order of preference is to get rid of JR, Larkin and then Shump.
Who do you think the Knicks should trade?
Thoughts from Summer League Action
I watched about two of the four summer league games the Knicks played in Las Vegas and just wanted to share some thoughts.
- Tim Hardaway Jr is going to have a better year than last. He has bulked up and his shot is as pure as ever - looking forward to seeing what he does with (hopefully) more playing time. I have a feeling JR won’t be on the team for much longer - figure Phil is waiting for him to have a few good games to prove to other team’s he’s still worth it and then trade him
- Knicks fans - it’s been awhile since we had any form of a system offense. We had a taste of it when D’Antoni was in town, but his emphasis was WAY too much on offense without any accountability on defense. The Triangle is looking good (brings back a lot of memories as I used to play in it while in High School). Not only does the offense look fluid, guys are working much harder on defense. Now, will our veterans get the memo? Who knows, but they better
- Cleanthony Early - like THJ last season, I’m thinking Cleathony is going to be the steal of the draft. This kid is definitely first round talent that fell into the second round - no clue why. If you haven’t seen his dunk from the first game, would recommend checking out HERE
- Derek Fisher - it’s summer league so it’s tough to tell. The young guys are picking up the basics of the offense. It’s really all about if the veterans are going to respect his authority for the entire season and beyond. I have confidence in him that he’ll do a good job
- Shane Larkin looks good, Jeremy Tyler and Cole Aldrich are working hard to get some playing time this year
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo - freak, just like his brother. His nickname is “no chill” and it’s very deserving. Goes 100 MPH all the time. If he plays this year, should be fun to watch. Very raw though
Overall, liked what I saw - but it’s summer league.
Can’t wait for the season to start.
From the first game - looking like Cleanthony is going to do just fine in the NBA
Damn, really wanted Pau here in New York
Summer League Starts Tonight for Knicks
Lost in all the LBJ/Melo madness, the Knicks summer league team plays their first game tonight.
Here’s the roster:
Aldrich, Cole C 6-11 245 Kansas/USA
Antetokounmpo, Thanasis F 6-7 215 Delaware/D-League/Greece
Brown, Shannon G 6-4 205 Michigan State/USA
Early, Cleanthony F 6-8 219 Wichita State/USA
Galloway, Langston G 6-2 202 Saint Joseph?s/USA
Hardaway Jr., Tim G 6-6 205 Michigan/USA
Henriquez, Jordan C 6-11 250 Kansas State/USA
Johnson, Zane G 6-6 210 Hawaii/USA
Larkin, Shane G 5-11 176 Miami (FL)/USA
Moore, Cameron F 6-10 230 Alabama-Birmingham/USA
Sheehey, Will F 6-7 200 Indiana/USA
Triche, Brandon G 6-4 210 Syracuse/USA
Tyler, Jeremy F 6-9 250 San Diego HS (CA)/USA
Vandenberg, Jordan C 7-1 245 North Carolina State/USA
Schedule so far:
Fri 07/11/2014 4:00 PM ET
New York Knicks vs. Dallas Mavericks
Sat 07/12/2014 4:00 PM ET
Portland Trail Blazers vs. New York Knicks
Mon 07/14/2014 4:00 PM ET
New York Knicks vs. Charlotte Hornets