What do you think is the biggest problem with the Knicks compared to last years team?
sorry I couldn’t settle on one because they all have big impacts (no particular order)
1. injuries - there was never any consistency in lineups
2. lack of leadership - losing Kidd and Sheed put the leadership onus on Melo and he simply wasn’t ready for that
3. less commitment to defense - big difference from last year where we actually cared about defense and a lot of that was kidd and sheed making sure guys stayed committed
4. no second scorer - last year, JR’s assuming the second banana role was huge. This year, we didn’t have one consistent second option to help Melo with the scoring load. It was supposed to be Bargnani (remember that guy?), but he proved to be a disappointment (although showed some signs that he could be that person).
5. Simply put, the Knicks were less creative on offense this season. It’s like Woody forgot everything he learned from Coach D’Antoni in terms of spacing and moving the ball. Instead, we got a HEAVY dose of iso-melo this season. And that’s partly because of the lack of trust Melo had in his teammates all throughout the season.
A lot of things went wrong this season, so it’s hard to say just one.
The crazy thing is… we still have a shot to make the playoffs.
if you notice throughout this season there's definitely a trend of Woodson wearing less and less formal attire. From tie to no tie and turtleneck. My theory is he knows he's doomed to be fired so he's just gonna be wearing really informal clothing eventually in like a t-shirt and shorts on the sidelines.
Ummm… how delusional is James Dolan to think he can get Phil Jackson to come to this mess of a team.
More power to him if he can.
But, I don’t see it happening unless all the pieces are together and it’s clear Phil has a good team to coach. The likelihood of putting the pieces together with Steve Mills and Dolan running the show? Very unlikely.
Our team is bad but Woodson needs to go smfh,shump fresh off injury,back as starter,Felton playing HORRIBLE,still keeps him in over a DEFENSIVE pg in Murray,no adjustments made,same shitty lineups,MWP brother was right,he's just a damn yes man,if melo chose to leave I couldn't even be mad smfh,this is just pathetic
I think if I could go back in time I would make sure to match Houston's offer for Jeremy Lin and make sure the Bargs trade never happened. But honestly it feels like this franchise would have been doomed no matter what.
seriously, if we went back and did that… something else would have gone wrong! haha
You can cheer for Melo too not just THJ. Seems like he's the only doing anything. He had two 40 point games in a row. He's leading the nba in minutes. He's having his best season when is comes to rebounding. I've seen that stat when Melo gets 4 or more assists the Knicks win more but an assist isn't an assist if the player doesn't make it. I'm blaming the fact that we got Bargnani. Would've been better with Camby and Novak.
lot of reasons this season has been a failure and Melo is certainly not one of them.
He’s giving as much as he can, but with the team around him, injuries, suspensions - he can only do so much.
Disagree on the “would have been better with Camby and Novak”
Camby is broken and Novak - we pretty much have his three point shooting and more in THJ.