Knicks Schedule is Up!
You can see the full schedule HERE
- Knicks open the season at home against the Bulls
- Next night they fly off to Cleveland to take on LBJ and the Cavs - thanks NBA for having us play probably the top two teams in the east right out of the gate
- There are 9 games on ESPN, 6 games on TNT, 6 on NBATV and 1 on ABC - 22 total nationally televised
- Longest road trip is is the annual west coast one 5 games starting on March 9th to 15th
- Longest home stand is 4 games from Nov 10 - 16
- Play Milwaukee in London on Jan 15
- Host NO on MLK Day (Jan 19)
- Christmas Day game against the Wizards
- 20 back to back games (side note: Pistons have the most this season with 22 and Miami has the least with 16)
- New Years Eve at LAC
- Knicks vs Nets on Nov 7, Dec 2, Feb 6 and April 1
- Super Bowl Sunday vs. LAL (Feb 1)
embarrassingly late on this - but… Melo dropped a bunch a weight. looking like a player trend as they finally realizing it’s better for your knees not carrying around so much bulk.
Happy Birthday to one if my favorite players ever!
It’s rare to see a player nowadays that play with the same level of passion that John Starks did every single game.
hmm… don’t really like giving up on Priggy just to move Ellington.
nice try Phil
Source: Knicks open to dealing J.R., Shump
Visit ESPN’s Knicks Blog for the full post
Not too much of a surprise considering there is a log jam of guards on the team between Shump, THJ, Smith, Larkin, possibly Toure Murray, Ellington, Calderon, and Prigioni.
THJ has been deemed “untouchable” by Phil and we are not moving our only two legit PG’s in Calderon and Prigioni.
Have to consider who actually has value on the market and that really leaves you with Shump, JR and Larkin.
My guess is that Phil’s order of preference is to get rid of JR, Larkin and then Shump.
Who do you think the Knicks should trade?
Thoughts from Summer League Action
I watched about two of the four summer league games the Knicks played in Las Vegas and just wanted to share some thoughts.
- Tim Hardaway Jr is going to have a better year than last. He has bulked up and his shot is as pure as ever - looking forward to seeing what he does with (hopefully) more playing time. I have a feeling JR won’t be on the team for much longer - figure Phil is waiting for him to have a few good games to prove to other team’s he’s still worth it and then trade him
- Knicks fans - it’s been awhile since we had any form of a system offense. We had a taste of it when D’Antoni was in town, but his emphasis was WAY too much on offense without any accountability on defense. The Triangle is looking good (brings back a lot of memories as I used to play in it while in High School). Not only does the offense look fluid, guys are working much harder on defense. Now, will our veterans get the memo? Who knows, but they better
- Cleanthony Early - like THJ last season, I’m thinking Cleathony is going to be the steal of the draft. This kid is definitely first round talent that fell into the second round - no clue why. If you haven’t seen his dunk from the first game, would recommend checking out HERE
- Derek Fisher - it’s summer league so it’s tough to tell. The young guys are picking up the basics of the offense. It’s really all about if the veterans are going to respect his authority for the entire season and beyond. I have confidence in him that he’ll do a good job
- Shane Larkin looks good, Jeremy Tyler and Cole Aldrich are working hard to get some playing time this year
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo - freak, just like his brother. His nickname is “no chill” and it’s very deserving. Goes 100 MPH all the time. If he plays this year, should be fun to watch. Very raw though
Overall, liked what I saw - but it’s summer league.
Can’t wait for the season to start.
not a bad signing with the mini mid level