It will be less pressure on me. I can see that now in training camp. I feel that. I can see what we’re able to do with the little bit of time we’ve been together this week. I see other guys’ roles and how they’re implemented into the system and what they’re capable of doing. I think it’ll be easier. It’s still going to be a dogfight, but I think it’ll be a little bit easier where everybody is not keying in and focusing on me every single time down the court.’
Q:WHERE ARE THE KNICKS UPDATES??
ANNNNNDDDD I’m back!
hahaha, sorry guys!
Will be back blogging more frequently now that October has arrived.
So what’s new with the Knicks?
Training Camp has just started and Melo is already being shitted on by the media for saying: “I think I’m the most underrated superstar that’s out there, but that doesn’t matter to me”
You gotta love NY Sports Media =)
Sounds like the key points from Training Camp: simplify what we’re doing on defense - and of course, learning the Triangle.
Just a quick update today
Hope everyone enjoyed their summer!
Knicks Schedule is Up!
You can see the full schedule HERE
- Knicks open the season at home against the Bulls
- Next night they fly off to Cleveland to take on LBJ and the Cavs - thanks NBA for having us play probably the top two teams in the east right out of the gate
- There are 9 games on ESPN, 6 games on TNT, 6 on NBATV and 1 on ABC - 22 total nationally televised
- Longest road trip is is the annual west coast one 5 games starting on March 9th to 15th
- Longest home stand is 4 games from Nov 10 - 16
- Play Milwaukee in London on Jan 15
- Host NO on MLK Day (Jan 19)
- Christmas Day game against the Wizards
- 20 back to back games (side note: Pistons have the most this season with 22 and Miami has the least with 16)
- New Years Eve at LAC
- Knicks vs Nets on Nov 7, Dec 2, Feb 6 and April 1
- Super Bowl Sunday vs. LAL (Feb 1)
embarrassingly late on this - but… Melo dropped a bunch a weight. looking like a player trend as they finally realizing it’s better for your knees not carrying around so much bulk.
Source: Knicks open to dealing J.R., Shump
Visit ESPN’s Knicks Blog for the full post
Not too much of a surprise considering there is a log jam of guards on the team between Shump, THJ, Smith, Larkin, possibly Toure Murray, Ellington, Calderon, and Prigioni.
THJ has been deemed “untouchable” by Phil and we are not moving our only two legit PG’s in Calderon and Prigioni.
Have to consider who actually has value on the market and that really leaves you with Shump, JR and Larkin.
My guess is that Phil’s order of preference is to get rid of JR, Larkin and then Shump.
Who do you think the Knicks should trade?