Thoughts From Last Night
The Knicks didn’t win the game, that’s okay.
- First game that Amar’e and Melo have played together in the pre-season. Honestly, looked like a bunch of the same from last season. Not much fluidity, not much flow. A lot of watching the basketball from teammates when Amar’e had the ball or when Melo had the ball. Woodson needs to decide if this is what he wants out of these two. Just isolation plays. If not, then we should see more Amar’e/Melo two man game running the pick and roll with each other. Or, we should be seeing our PG (whether it be Ray, Jason or Pablo) setting up Melo and Amar’e for shots that are in their wheelhouse.
- I don’t mind isolation plays. It’s the NBA. This league is all about exploiting mismatches and the majority of nights Melo is going to have that mismatch. So, if he wants the ball in the post… give it to him.
- Really happy to see STAT’s mid-range jumper cooking again. Last season, it was non-existent.
- I really don’t have a problem with Amar’e and Melo on the offensive end. My issue is with them on the defensive end. It’s tough watching two guys that play part time defense trying to defend. It’s frustrating. Rotations are terrible and the hole unit collapses because of them.
- Amar’e looks pretty good with the second unit, huh?
- Although, I did notice him trying to do some Olajuwon post spin moves and get stuffed by that rookie on Toronto (Vanalzieulsskdjsd?). Keep working on those Amar’e, they will eventually fool someone.
- I will forever consider Jason Kidd one of my favorite basketball players. Can’t tell you how happy I was when he signed with the team. A Jason Kidd at 100 is much better than most point guards in this league. I’m looking forward to it.
- Pablo Prigioni is awesome (sneaky bastard)… I may draft him on my fantasy team just so I can name my team after him.
- Copeland will most definitely make the team, he’s not great… but he’s good enough.
Next game is tonight (7PM EST) against the Celtics in Albany on MSG.