Knicks Win Emotional Home Opener Over Miami
Final Score: Knicks 104, Miami 84
Record: 1-0 (Tied for 1st in Atlantic)
Current Streak: Won 1
I did not expect the Knicks to come out like that.
After watching the Miami’s first game against the Celtics, it looked like they were in mid-season form already. They looked like the NBA Champions that they are… last night? The Knicks made them look, human.
What helped was shooting 53% from three-point land and hitting 19 of them.
But that wasn’t the whole story. Aside from some ridiculous pull-up transition shots by Melo (he was feelin’ it though), the offense looked very smooth. The ball was moving beautifully. I was shocked at how everything was working considering the in the pre-season we looked like crap.
Most shots were in the flow, including many of Anthony’s. A great indicator? The 27 assists the Knicks racked up.
Another key - the Knicks took care of the ball. Only 12 turnovers vs. 21 from Miami. Which leads me into mentioning the incredibly impressive defense the team played. Rotations were great and guys were just forcing the opposition to take bad shots.
Was it Miami just not “having it” last night, or do the Knicks have something special going on here?
Pregame write up, I was looking for a few things:
- The offense - man, it looked great. But, it always helps when guys knock down their shots.
- Point Guard play - exactly what we want. Felton was strong and attacked the basket whenever possible. Kidd provided much needed stability. Pablo was definitely bothered by Cole’s defense, but still an impressive debut for the “rookie.”
- Sheed & Camby - basically both got the DNP… but Sheed did get in there for a couple of minutes (to the crowd delight) and knocked down a three. Remains to be seen what the role is for these guys.
- LeBron James - looked normal.
Side note, it such a freakin’ luxury to have a guy like Brewer on your team. Rock solid last night. Not many stats, but the guy played his ass off on defense.
Next up, Philly on Sunday.
KNOTEWORTHY KNICK OF THE GAME: Gotta give it to Carmelo. Never really forced any jumpers. It’s the type of game you want from your star - 30 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals.
19 Notes/ Hide
- dmoneyalvarezconez reblogged this from knicksknotes
- barnusss likes this
- nicod11 likes this
- ninjafailx10 likes this
- anniealchemy likes this
- robbyrise reblogged this from knicksknotes
- justdontbelievethehype likes this
- mrsmashadams reblogged this from knicksknotes
- daysofthedad likes this
- arightontimeconscience likes this
- arightontimeconscience said:I caught the game from 3rd qtr because of work but what I saw impressed me. The way the team found Novak, the extra pass after the assist or hockey assist, ball movement and most definitely defense was great.
- argylelanvin likes this
- mrsmashadams likes this
- lou-bot said:right on with brewer
- hagadole likes this
- lou-bot likes this
- mark-my-wordss said:ball movement, good defense, and low turnovers? the knick team of my dreams. but in all honesty, i gotta ask about the elephant in the room - how do you think amare will fit into this team?
- mark-my-wordss likes this
- knicksknotes posted this