Knicks Hold Magic to 13 Point Fourth Quarter, Push Record to 5-0
Final Score: Knicks 99, Magic 89
Current Streak: Won 5
With games against San Antonio and Memphis looming around the corner, the Knicks headed into tonight in an essential must win for the week.
New York didn’t disappoint. After a shaky first half, the Knicks clamped down in the fourth quarter to earn their fifth victory of the season in as many games.
Still the only unbeaten team in the league… gotta love that!
Here’s what I was looking for pregame:
- Defense - really non-existent until the fourth quarter where we really turned it on. Lots of ball denial… I’m fine with us being a fourth quarter lock down team, but I get a little uneasy when the defense looks so bad in the first couple of quarters. After giving up 53 points in the first half, the Knicks only allowed 36 in the second (13 in the fourth quarter).
- Melo - still cookin’
- Rebounding - it became very clear this game that we are not a very good rebounding team. Picked it up in the second half, but it’s not a good sign when the Magic out-rebound you 42-31 in the game.
A couple of days off, then SA on Thursday night. Big game, great test.
Oh, did a really good job taking care of the ball tonight… only nine turnovers. Also, yet another game an opponent was held under 90 points.
KNOTEWORTHY KNICK OF THE GAME: JR Smith - I haven’t done enough on this blog to praise how well JR has been playing this year. You really can’t ask for much more from him. He’s doing it all and is actually under control - 21 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals.
15 Notes/ Hide
- vigilantism likes this
- sublemonal likes this
- worthasmile likes this
- heartmade0fg0ld reblogged this from knicksknotes
- parachuteminds likes this
- buddie-diamonds likes this
- doubleclutch said: JR SWISSSSSH
- tecumsehtemple likes this
- acciomarchmadness likes this
- sincerelyklf likes this
- nygiantsrock likes this
- comeentertainme reblogged this from knicksknotes
- tribecalledeast likes this
- mark-my-wordss likes this
- knicksknotes posted this