Knicks Lose Cool and First Game of Season
Final Score: Grizzlies 105, Knicks 95
Record: 6-1 (1st in Atlantic, 1st in Eastern Conference)
Current Streak: Lost 1
What a strange game.
A few calls didn’t go the Knicks way and the team completely unraveled in the third quarter. It was just too deep of a whole to dig out of. The Knicks showed heart cutting the 20 point lead down to 8, but just didn’t have enough.
The Grizzlies are a tough team, very tough team. Their front-line of Gasol, Randolph and Gay is a lot to deal with.
A few things I was looking for pregame:
- Intensity level - it was definitely there. Things got chippy pretty quickly as JR Smith and Jerryd Bayless got into a little shoving much. Well, Bayless not so much because his “shove” barely moved JR. Glad the Knicks battled. #GrittyCity
- ZBo - my God, the man cannot be kept off the boards. I mean, Chandler didn’t help at all by not boxing him out, but seven offensive rebounds is just crazy. Getting out-rebounded finally bit the Knicks in the ass.
- JR Smith - sort of resorted to “old JR.” A few wild shots and losing his focus.
Lots of fouls. Knicks committed a season high 24 today. Much higher than the 17 they were averaging before the game. Melo guarding Gasol was a little much to ask of him. It’s pretty crazy how few calls Melo gets by the way.
Also, the hot three-point shooting finally came to end (5-19 on the night).
First loss of the season hurts.
Hopefully the Knicks can learn from this one.
Pacers up next on Sunday.
KNOTEWORTHY KNICK OF THE GAME: Has to be Sheed. Tyson Chandler was in foul trouble for most of the game and Rasheed stepped up big time. He was pretty unstoppable in the post, very nice sight - 13 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assists, 1 steal and 3 blocks.
12 Notes/ Hide
- daysofthedad likes this
- arightontimeconscience likes this
- tecumsehtemple likes this
- vanusempty likes this
- dmoneyalvarezconez reblogged this from knicksknotes
- mrsmashadams reblogged this from knicksknotes
- mrsmashadams likes this
- mark-my-wordss said: 2nd game of a back to back on the road after an emotional win last night + a very good memphis team who kills it at home + some bad calls + the friday night knicks curse. the result wasn’t TOO shocking. glad they showed heart at the end though.
- iisish reblogged this from knicksknotes
- everybodysgotastoryy reblogged this from knicksknotes
- knicksknotes posted this