Knicks @ Rockets (Game 11): Nov. 23rd 8:00 PM EST
New York Knicks: 8-2 (4-2 on the road)
Houston Rockets: 5-7 (3-3 at home)
Head-to-Head: First Meeting
I should have went with my gut with the Mavericks game. Just had a feeling we would drop it, but instead thought we had enough… almost did actually.
Anyway, on to the Rockets.
I promised myself that I wouldn’t mention anything about Jeremy Lin this season, the only exception being when we actually played against the Rockets.
Three things before going into the “Watch 2 Watch”
1. I’m glad Lin got his money.
2. I never really understood why folks were so obsessed with him. Yea, he won a few games for us (in dramatic fashion no less), but it wasn’t something that could be sustained. Also, I just didn’t think he was that good… average at best actually. He just got hot, really hot at the right time.
3. I am more than happy that we have Felton running the show this year. I always thought Felton was the better point guard and will be the better point guard for this team moving forward. Yes, he got fat and out of shape when he got traded from the Knicks, but the guy simply was depressed. He loved playing for the Knicks and being in New York. He was built for this city and for this team. He is supposed to be a professional and not get fat, yes, but he’s also human.
I know those will be slightly unpopular comments, but it’s how I felt back then and it’s how I feel now. I’ll definitely admit that I got caught up in the ridiculousness just like everyone else, but I’ve gladly moved on.
What 2 Watch
- Obvious, Felton vs. Lin: Statistical comparison - Ray Felton (15.7 pts, 6.9 asts, 2.7 rebs, 18.46 PER) vs. Jeremy Lin (10 pts, 6.3 asts, 4.4 rebs, 11.98 PER). So far Felton is having the better season. Let’s see who get the upper hand in head-to-head matchups though.
- Chandler Parsons - he was one of the guys I wanted the Knicks to draft. He’s having a great year, so will be keeping an eye on him this game.
There’s going to be a bunch of coverage/hype around this game so be prepared.
It will probably be nothing though, compared to when the Rockets visit the Garden.
Betting Line: Knicks by 4.0 (O/U 197.5 O/U)
My Prediction: Knicks 107, Rockets 98
Prediction Record: 8-2