Melo, JR Not Enough as Lakers Top Knicks
Final Score: Lakers 100, Knicks 94
Record: 20-8 (1st in Atlantic, 2nd in Eastern Conference)
Current Streak: Lost 1
The Lakers are much better with Steve Nash running the offense.
But, we’ve seen this story over and over with Coach D’s team. Let’s see how they do in the playoffs.
Post Game Knotes:
- Was a fun game to watch, but the final few seconds just felt like a stomach punch
- Kobe is smart. He knows full well he’s not going to get called for a hold on Melo on that last play, so he does it. Good for him.
- Did not expect that kind of game from Metta. Someone really needs to just knock his ass on the ground. He gets away with being a psycho and it’s bullshit. I’m 85% certain his elbow to Novak was intentional.
- Thanks Coach D for getting in the way of that pass at the end of the third quarter.
- Rasheed Wallace means the world to the Knicks in terms of defense. Our communication on that end of the floor goes to crap when he’s not out there or yelling from the bench.
- Yet another incredible game from JR - 25 points, 5 rebounds… but why is HE taking the clutch jumpers?
- Felton with yet again another crummy game - not sure if he’s trying to play through pain, losing confidence… but he still needs to play defense. Oh, and pass the ball to Tyson on those cuts man! No need to keep putting up those garbage floaters on tough angles.
As expected, Melo and Kobe put on a show. Can’t ask for much more (other than a win) for a x-mas game.
Another tough one coming up tomorrow night against the Suns.
KNOTEWORTHY KNICK OF THE GAME: Has to Melo - by the way, how beautiful was that finger-roll layup he had to get around Gasol? Amazing - 34 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists
7 Notes/ Hide
- justdontbelievethehype likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- parachuteminds likes this
- ryanb said: MWP has been a beast for the Lakers all year. Not sure if it’s a contract year or what, but he appears rejuvenated.
- dmoneyalvarezconez reblogged this from knicksknotes
- argylelanvin likes this
- knicksknotes posted this