Knicks Hang On, Beat Hawks Behind Melo’s 42
Final Score: Knicks 106, Hawks 104
Record: 27-15 (1st in Atlantic, 2nd in Eastern Conference)
Current Streak: Won 1
Extremely frustrating game, but the Knicks pulled it out.
New York had no clue how to keep Jeff Teague out of the paint, but it didn’t matter. The Knicks held on after Josh Smith missed a wide open three pointer at the buzzer to win it.
Post Game Knotes:
- For the first time this season, the Knicks let an opponent shoot 60% from the field. 60%! that’s ridiculous. Makes sense since pretty much all their point came in the paint.
- Melo just had one of those game… pretty much unguardable tonight. He was on track to break the NBA record (of 12) for most three’s in a game, but after hitting 9 through three quarters, he hit none in the fourth. Still tied the Knick record though.
- Three points of concern - Chandler’s neck, Jason Kidd’s back and Ronnie Brewer’s existence.
- Straight up, the Knicks D is pretty bad right now
- Other than not being able to guard Jeff Teague, Felton had a pretty nice game: 12 points 10 assists.
- Amar’e is settling into his role, second straight effective game: 18 points 8 rebounds.
Over/Under Game Result: No Winners
- Melo 29 Points: Over (42)
- Josh Smith 2 Blocks: Under (0)
- Shumpert 2 Steals: Push (2)
- Amare 17 Points: Over (18)
- Knicks 10 Turnovers: Over (14)
People shit on Woody for his lack of play calling at the end of games, but isn’t the reason why we got Melo was to just dump it down to him and let him work?
KNOTEWORTHY KNICK OF THE GAME: Melo - so that’s 29 straight games that Anthony has scored 20+ points. That ties an all-time Knick record - 42 points (9 threes), 5 rebounds, 1 assist
10 Notes/ Hide
- daysofthedad likes this
- sonofsamo reblogged this from knicksknotes
- magic50zz likes this
- argylelanvin likes this
- jennehc likes this
- wellwhatisthiscalled reblogged this from knicksknotes
- missloribeth likes this
- dmoneyalvarezconez reblogged this from knicksknotes
- keanureevesinpointbreak likes this
- knicksknotes posted this